Even common vocabulary words which must guide our communication, our reading comprehension. suddenly loses their meaning or their definition or their scope. The word 'new' can no longer convey its etymological meaning, its common definition of something which has not been in use before we start using it, simply because seventh day Adventism as well as its sister Jehovah's witnesses are not led by the Holy Spirit but by the same aberrant foundational Adventism movements of the nineteenth century.
Seventh day Adventism religion is the Sabbatarian branch of Jehovah's witnesses’ religion which rejects the seventh day sabbath of MESSIAH YHWH YHOSHUA. The prominent founding shepherds of both religions were Adventists: Ellen G White et al and Charles Russel. Both religions share the same historical rap sheet of false religious predictions and believe in their same god who is Archangel Michael through the person of Jesus who, according to the Jehovah's witnesses, was the former Archangel Michael. However, Jude cautions us that Archangel Michael is not that kind of blasphemer.
The seventh day Adventist's twentieth doctrine about the new earth teaches the same misguided belief of a restored or refurbished new earth with the Jehovah's witnesses.
If the Holy Spirit led Adventism, they would have understood that a new earth that is created cannot be our same old earth which the New Testament says is destined to be burned out and will disappear to give way for the new earth which had been already spoken of in the Holy Scriptures.
God (Jesus) cannot use a foreign vocabulary to communicate with us. When Jesus (God) does use common words in parables or in prophecy He also gives the meaning of the common words which He uses to teach or prophesy.
A new dress cannot be the same old dress. A new refrigerator cannot be the same old refrigerator, et cetera. Therefore, a new earth cannot be this same earth. Much less, a new heaven and a new earth cannot signify a new government as the Jehovah's witnesses teach.
The restored new earth is one of the known doctrines which show that Adventism leads to eternal damnation because it teaches teachings that are contrary to the words of God the Father which He gave to Jesus which Jesus gave to His Angel, Angel of YHWH, to communicate to Apostle John for our education and edification.
Revelation 21:1 ASV
(1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the sea is no more.
2 Peter 3:12-13 ASV
(12) looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, by reason of which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
(13) But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Revelation 3:21 ASV
(21) He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne.
"Not exactly. We are going to get a restored earth. Scripture says that all creation, the entire planet, is suffering because of our sin. Just like we can be restored as a “new creature” (2 Corinthians 5:17) through Jesus, the earth will also be restored to its original perfection as a new creation.
The earth will still be our planet, but it will be restored to God’s original plan for humanity. Just like you will still be you, but you will be the person God intended you to be when He makes you “new.” Your personality will be the same, but your mind and body will be transformed into what God intended at creation."
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ASV
(13) For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ.
(14) And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.
(15) It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.