To be perfect, Jesus asked the man to go sell all his wealth and come back to follow AFTER Him. He felt that Jesus asked him for too much. Jesus is asking the same from Adventism to sell off all its teachings of men to follow AFTER Him, however, if you are an Adventist, you know what that request entails. That is why Jesus has called on His true followers to come out of Babylon because Babylon will not change or repent.
Luke 18:24-27 ASV
(24) And Jesus seeing him said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(25) For it is easier for a camel to enter in through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
(26) And they that heard it said, Then who can be saved?
(27) But he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Adventism holds to the riches of the Testimonies of Ellen G White more than it does to the Holy Scriptures Textbook but, as she says, "If the Testimonies speak not according to the word of God, reject them. Christ and Belial cannot be united. Ellen G White. Testimonies for the Church." Vol. 5, p. 691.
The Jewish Testimonies of the Holy Scriptures Textbook suffice for salvation (John 4:22, Luke 16:29-31, Isaiah 8:20). We may not go against what Jesus deems Holy (John 6:39, Romans 4:2).
And, again, any teaching of men as doctrines nullifies our worship according to Mark 7:7 and the Pentateuch had been sealed forever before the conquest of Canaan according to Deuteronomy 4:2, 5:32 and according to Jesus in Matthew 5:17-18.
And, again, in Luke 16:29-31, Jesus teaches that it is Moses and the Prophets which do not lead to the lake of fire, not any other revelation from anyone. Jesus keeps speaking and teaching by His Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 8:20 ASV
(20) To the law and to the testimony! if they speak not according to this word, surely there is no morning for them.
John 4:22, 25-26 ASV
(22) Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.
(25) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh (he that is called Christ): when he is come, he will declare unto us all things.
(26) Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
John 14:26 ASV
(26) But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.
Jesus teaches in His conversation with the Samaritan woman that salvation is from the Jews (John 4:20-22).
So, in doctrinal conflicts, it is Judaism or the writings of the authors of the Old and New Testament that have the final authority, not Ellen Gould White or any other SDA pundits or spiritual leaders.
In John 8:24, Jesus declares that anyone who does not believe that He is I AM who is YAHWEH (JEHOVAH), not Archangel Michael or Angel of Jehovah, according to Exodus 3:13-15, will die in His sins. Therefore, all seventh day Adventists (and any other believer) who do not believe that Jesus is Jehovah God the Creator will die in their sins. Romans 10:9-11, says that public confession with the mouth that Jesus is YAHWEH (not Archangel Michael or Angel of Jehovah) is a must for salvation.
Adventism teaches that if we become holy (self-holiness) we no longer need Jesus. However, there are more than one passages in both Old and New Testaments that make holiness the number one requirement to belong to the circle of God because Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah (Crist) YAHWEH (THE LORD) is holy (Leviticus 19:2, 20:7-8, 1 Peter 1:15-1).
Hebrews 12:4 calls on all believers to be ready to die if they are faced with the threat of death if they do not sin.
Hebrews 12:14 says that without self-holiness (Leviticus 20:7) we will not see Jesus, that is, we will not be saved.
'Be ye holy' is the commandment of SELF-holiness, not holiness from Jesus.
We have the power to make God the Father change course in our favor in the name of Jesus if we can connect to Him so He can listen to us. We can ask God to add to our life more days if we are young but stricken with terminal diseases which prevent us from seeing whatever we wish.
Before Jesus came to reveal to us God the Father, He made us know the prerequisites to start a conversation with Him. In flesh, Jesus tells us we can do more that He did on earth because He is with the Father. Jesus heals, makes the blind see, raises the dead. His Disciples were given those powers because He sent them the Holy Spirit.
We read that if a believer is sick and has faith, the elder is to come and pray so that the sick can get back to his feet, even with his sins forgiven.
I have discussed the requirements for effective prayers to get answers assuming that we are not alienated from God by ignorance of His critical doctrines and unbelief.
Isaiah 1 describes the reasons which prevent us from getting the Holy Spirit and make God change course in our favor, even if we are stricken with terminal cancers.
Isaiah 1:15-20 ASV
(15) And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
(16) Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
(17) learn to do well; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
(18) Come now, and let us reason together, saith Jehovah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
(19) If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
(20) but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword; for the mouth of Jehovah hath spoken it.
In the case of the seventh day Adventists and any other believer in God, our hands are at least full of the blood of Jesus if we do not believe that He is Jehovah God, the very reason for which He was delivered to be killed, assuming we are not making other people bleed (Isaiah 1:15). The Jews did not have that barrier of not knowing who Jesus was, but they were to cease to do evil by spiritually washing themselves to become clean, by putting away the evil of their doings before the eyes His eyes.
The same is required of us believers today because Jesus never had two different standards for the chosen people and for the pagans (Numbers 15:11-16). We are to learn to do well by keeping ALL the commandment or the words of Jesus and love one another (verse17). We must be willing and obedient to be happy in Jesus and to enjoy longevity.
To be in tune with Jesus, besides believing, having faith, or trusting in Jesus, a seventh day Adventist must
1. Conquer the hidden evil inside and outside of us according to the words in Isaiah 1.
2. Recognize that Jesus is Jehovah God and that He was risen after three days and three nights on a Saturday, the first of the 7 sabbaths. Romans 10:9-11, Ephesians 2:9-11, Titus 2:13, Matthew 28:1 LITV, YLT.
3. Reject all the beliefs of men and the teachings of men in Adventism including the writings of Ellen Gould White and the kind of belief in her which is not according to Moses, the prophets, and the Apostles. Mark 7:7 forbids such idolatrous belief of any man who teaches their own doctrines in the name of Jesus.
4. Follow after Jesus as the only Shepherd and hold to His belief. Psalms 23:1, John 10:16, 27, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25; 5:4, Revelation 17:7; 14:12.
5. Follow every single iota of the bible and the bible only, that is, Moses with its testimonies (the Prophets) without disputing with Jesus on anything because of scientific discoveries or else. Isaiah 8:20, Deuteronomy 4:2; 5:32, Matthew 7:21, Luke 16:29-31.
6. Eat flesh meat as Jesus commanded and not teach that God did not create our stomach for meat or that no meat was eating at the court of the king in Babylon, or for any other sophism for disobedience. In other words, stop teaching any such kinds of doctrines of men based on their own perception of the true but which go against the words of Jesus like trinity, restored earth instead of a brand-new earth, Jesus being an Angel and not Jehovah God in flesh, et cetera.
7. Get out of Babylon (Apocalypse 18:4, John 10:16,27, Romans 16:5, 1 Corinthians 16:19, Colossians 4:15, Philemon 1:2, Matthew 18:20) and convert to Christian Judaism to become a Christ acolyte and His witness (Acts 1:8) because salvation is from the Jews (John 4:22) for repentance and remission of sins (Luke 24:47) and not from Christianity (Mark 7:7, 2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
8. Not believe in the religious teachings of Babylon such as trinity and Sunday resurrection and religious holidays decreed by men like Christmas because we must agree with Jesus who says that He and the Father are One, that He was to be buried 3 days and 3 nights, understand the fact that Mary conceived Jesus in the sixth month of the Jewish Calendar, which makes it impossible for Jesus to have been born on Christmas Day, to teach a brand-new world to come (Revelation 21:1) not a refurbished word, et cetera. If we agree with a timeline which is different from what Jesus gave, we agree with Satan over the word of Jesus.
8a. Understand that the Greek text of Matthew 28:1 says that the women went to the tomb on the first of the  sabbaths, which was a Saturday. If the SDA church were led by the Holy Spirit, it would have taught his members such basic truth like a biblical Saturday resurrection.
9. Understand that if the SDA Church agrees with Babylon in one false doctrine which is contrary to Judaism, the SDA Church is considered to be one of the harlot children of Mother Babylon, according to Revelation 17:5.
10. Realize that he or she is a member of the Church of the disguised messenger of light, Satan, as spoken of in 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 because, in John 10:16, 27, Jesus calls for one flock guided by Him as Jehovah the Good Shepherd of Psalms 23:1.
11. Admit that each SDA Church member is an antichrist because the church does not teach its members to be holy and live holy to be saved by the grace of Jesus (Leviticus 11:43-44, Ezekiel 33, 1 Peter 1:16).
12. Become perfect (Matthew 5:48), thus, holy by keeping all the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and His commandments in Moses (Luke 16:27-31, 1 Peter 1:16, Numbers 15:40) because salvation by grace is offered only to the holy ones (saints) and reject all the teachings of men (Mark 7:7) according to the 3 messages of the 3 Angels of Revelation 14:6-12.